EPIC is committed to meeting our community’s access needs, for members attending and presenting at the conference in 2023. You can expect:
- Multiple channels to perceive the live activities and print materials provided. Our aim is to provide as many channels as possible, for example: live captioning, audio description, streaming for off-site participants, accessible print materials, alt text. We will update this site as channels are confirmed.
- Support to move around and between our physical site at the Institute of Design at Illinois Tech and any off-site events. For example: accessibility guides for buildings, clear instructions for accessible transit options.
- Dedicated quiet spaces for people who think at their best, and feel energized, when they can take breaks from the conference hustle and bustle (including nursing babies and their parents).
- Options for conference-goers to eat and drink suitably for their dietary needs
- Information to help participants plan with their access needs in mind, for example: photos and descriptions of our physical site and any other venues for off-site events.
- Informed staff and volunteers, willing to troubleshoot quickly and creatively when problems arise.
- Support to help presenters make their talks useful and enjoyable for other conference-goers, including guidelines on designing accessible presentation materials
As we approach the opening of conference registration on May 2, we will update this site with:
- Recommended resources on accessibility in Chicago
- Guides to accessible transit to reach our conference site and any off-site activities
Photos and descriptions of our physical site and any other venues for off-site events
Do you have questions about accessibility at EPIC? Please contact our accessibility team: